Brief; to creare an installation to fill a window based on our memories of our summer, through using our primary sources of drawing, photos, videos, found objects, leaflets etc which we colleted over our 6 week break.
Proposal: I aim to have strong links between my work and the artists which I research and aim to also utilise my experiemnts in an effective way. It will all be contained in a small window. I hope I can reflect my summer experience clearly and creatively.

Thursday 11 October 2012

Aims and Brief


Aims of the project:  The aim of the project on memories is to produce a window installation, I will looking at a wide range of artist who have ideas of memories, as well as exploring a wide range of art techqunies along side this I would also use my objects, pictures and videos that I had collected over the summer. I will also be including the idea of place when documenting my summer. I think it is important to reflect the feeling of my summer as well as including stronger links to my artist I have researched.
Primary and secondary sources:    When I was collecting my primary sources over the summer I tried to focus on four of the five senses. In my box file I included pictures and drawings alongside videos, objects which could be touched and smelt as well as many leaflets and my dairy. The most challenging sense to capture was taste; I think the only way I would be able to re create tasted is through smells
Ideas and responses:  In my responses I will be looking at artists from the lift project Dan Scott, Edward George, and Sue Mayo of whom I have met and worked with previously on the beginning stages of the window installation. I will be responding to these artists based on their specialties from my primary sources and objects that I have collected over the summer which will generate an interesting outcome.

Intended techniques media, processes and timescales:  In my project I will be using a range of media and processes to produce a set of experimentations which will be included in my final outcome, this will include:
·         Computer aided design
·         Collage
·         Reliefs
·         Sculptures/ Marquette
·         Painting
·         Drawing in a range of medium
·         3D drawing  
·         Casting

Proposed methods of review and evaluation:   As my final outcome is based to my summer holiday, I will be producing a outcome set in a window as an installation from my primary sources that I collected over the summer holiday, trying to use as many senses as possible, I will hopefully use as many techeques as possible to create the most reflective outcome.
Proposed target career:  As I am unsure what I would like to do, I would like to incorporate as main techniques as possible to create the best outcome.
Proposed method of presentation and final review:   The final outcome will be exhibited in the form of a window installation and will be constantly viewed by an audience as it is a public space. Following on from what I have learned from the artist I’ve studied and the techenqunes I have used, I want my final my outcome to incorporate all these elements. As well as reflecting the feeling of my summer.

1 comment:

  1. A good start to your brief. You could go into a lot more detail though. Have a look at some of the past student blogs to help you.
    Please make sure you add all the relevent post headings found in handbook checklist. You will need to document all of your summer box file content asap. Mr B

    ReplyDelete