Brief; to creare an installation to fill a window based on our memories of our summer, through using our primary sources of drawing, photos, videos, found objects, leaflets etc which we colleted over our 6 week break.
Proposal: I aim to have strong links between my work and the artists which I research and aim to also utilise my experiemnts in an effective way. It will all be contained in a small window. I hope I can reflect my summer experience clearly and creatively.

Monday 12 November 2012

Final Outcome Ideas

My install idea was to create an exploding chest of draws, this would link to Cornila Parker as she Dark matter where she exploded her garden shed and the put the pieces back together. I would like to have everything that was in the draws floating everywhere, hung in very precise places. I would also like to draw people who I spent my summer with this, I would paint them in Chuck Close style as well as painting particular events in a Howard Hodkin style. I would want it to look very clustered in a Punch druck kind of way by having shelfs behind.



After thinking more about my idea I starting to think about hanging the draws in a very precises way, like Cornila Parkers 30 pieces of silver, I think this would use a lot more of the space and it will look more full and would look more impacted. Pouring out of the draws will be all the things I collected over my summer, I will still like the draws to be very full of over flowing in a very clustered way which would link to Punch drunk still, I think I would still be interesting to some how incorporate the idea of portraits and paintings in the style of Howard Hodkin as well as Chuck Close.


After struggling to find the right type of draws which would reflect my summer as well as fitting in to the window and would look aesthetically pleasing, I had to change my idea to something more piratical. Like Punch Drunk I tried to sauce old and unused objects to help support my project. This lead me to the idea of creating an exploring suitcase. I found a very old and rustic suitcase which out form it will be poring everything that I would be bringing home from my holiday, this could strongly link to Cornilia Parkers Cold Dark Matter, I also would like to use light in a similar way to Parker. I would also want to incorporate portraits into think in the style of Chuck Close.

After looking over my artist I though out what responses where most effective. And I found that my responses to Peter Callesen's work were most effective. Also I would like to explore the idea of using paper in new ways. Therefore exploding out of the suitcase I will re create views, objects, arictechure and people from my holiday with paper. I think I could also link this to Chuck Close as his work makes him challenge him self and work out side his comfort zone. Although I enjoy creating installations, I found it extremely difficult to work to such detail on these pieces of paper. Also to such a large scale. I could also link to Cornillia Parker's Cold Dark Mater. As she explores the idea of exploding which I hope to reflect in my work. She also uses light as a very important source in her work, to create shadows. I hope to create shadows in my own work. I could also link to Haward Hodgkin, event through my work is in a completely different medium to he's I still want the view to feel a sense of my summer. Also the idea that they take their own memory from my memory.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for writing up your developing ideas Billie, this post does need some editing however. I would like to see all of your sketches and experimentation posted on here though as this work is also integral to your ideas.

    ReplyDelete